Pistol sights are those weird parts of the hand-held gun that you might use but in most cases forget to use. Usually, when repelling a home invasion, you don’t tend to aim like a professional, more like an old Hollywood gunslinger. However, for those of us that do like to hit the target with the first shot, do take the time to sight up, aim and shoot.
Top-Rated Pistol Sights for Old Eyes List:
Now, since there are many options for gun sights, choosing the right one for old eyes, which means tired eyes that need more time to respond, there are some interesting options available.
To start off with, let's take a look at the options available in a pistol scope, after all, there are many types to choose from, and we want the best ones that reduce the response time to zero.
Now let’s take a look at some of the best pistol sights for old eyes.
Best Pistol Sights for Old Eyes Reviews:
1. XS 24/7 Big Dot For Glock 9MM/40/357/36
- Product Type: Sporting Goods
- Package Dimensions: 18.288 L X 12.192 W X 3.302 H...
- Package Weight: 0.100 Pounds
- Country Of Origin: China
The XS 24/7 Big Dot is a classic big sight sight for poor sight! I loved that, can I do it again? This sight for poor sight sights for short range targets. (You see, I did it again, hah!)
So, we have a Tritium powered big dot sight that is perfect for close range shooting since it is Tritium. It comes with optimized day and night performance levels and the circle is white for extra clarity, and the dot is green. This combination provides maximum peripheral sight denial. This means your eyes do not get distracted by peripheral light sources, and your mind will automatically take the shot when the sight is aligned on the target.
The rear sight is designed to align with the circle using an “I’” style Tritium light when aligned with the font dot makes for a perfect shot.
- Manufacturer: XS Sight Systems
- Type: Tritium
- Model: 24/7 Big Dot
- Fit: Glock 17,19,26,34,22,23,27,35,31,32,33,36
- Finish/Color: Green/Green
2. AmeriGlo Tritium I-Dot Green with Orange Outline Sight Set for Glock 42/43
- For Glock 42,43
- Rear Tritium Color: Green With Orange Outline
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Model Number:GL-205
The AmeriGlo is a Tritium dual front and rear sight package. This one comes with a steel alloy body for extra durability; the front sight is a green Tritium dot encircled with an orange circle, with a rear sight green dot for a full alignment.
This sighting system provides long distance options, and with practice comes perfection. Once you automate your reaction time to a specific alignment, squeezing the trigger the moment the circle and dot are aligned, you will make perfect shots every time.
Another great feature of this scope is its relatively simple price, this a budget-friendly model, and for what you get, is more than worth the value for the money you pay.
- Orange Outline
- 140" Wide Front
- 180" Notch
- Green Tritium I-Dot Extended Step Rear
3. Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA LED Red Dot Sight
- The bigger dot size gives the user the ability to locate the...
- If a manual mode has been chosen, the RMR will remain in...
The RMR Type 2 is battery powered reticle scope for handguns. This compact unit uses one CR2032 lithium battery that will last for 4 years. The forged aluminum alloy housing provides waterproofing for up to 20 meters, which means you can use this on any rainy day and even in the shower, or perhaps inside your swimming pool.
This model comes with a brightness adjusting sensor that adjusts the 6.5 MOA red dot based on ambient conditions. The dot on this scope is one of the largest and as such, is the best one for poor sight and old eyes, and was designed for poor vision applications.
This model is designed for optical accuracy, and when used in conjunction with practice, will provide deadly accuracy in microseconds. Just remember to maintain the device and keep the surfaces clean after use.
- Magnification 1x
- Bullet Drop Compensator No
- Length (in) 45mm
- Weight (oz) 2 oz w/ Battery
- Illumination Source LED
- Reticle Pattern 5 MOA Dot
- Day Reticle Color Red
- Night Reticle Color Red
- Adjustment @ 100 yards 1 (clicks inch)
- Housing Material Forged Aluminum
- Batteries 1 x CR2032 Lithium Battery
4. Trijicon Night Sight Sets for Glock Pistols
- WHITE RINGS: Bright & Tough Night Sights feature a white...
- TRITIUM-PHOSPHOR LAMP: Tritium-filled glass lamp provides...
- SAPPHIRE WINDOW: Each Trijicon tritium lamp is capped with a...
- PROTECTIVE ALUMINUM CYLINDERS: Contains and protects the...
- Fits Glock Models: 17, 17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,...
Trijicon is not just a night light performer; this Tritium system integrates three Tritium dots to maximize performance by reducing the strain of sighting. One light is set in the front scope, and two dots in the rear frame. Aligning the three dots in a horizontal plane is a reason to pull the trigger.
This scope is made of cast aluminum alloy. This alloy provides a lightweight application with rugged durability and maximum sight protection.
The front sight comes with a large orange dot that is unmistakable in any light condition, day or night. The two green rear dots align perfectly with the orange, and you don’t need to think, just react.
The scope fitting is made to endure all recoils and will fit many different Glock models. This is a perfect close to medium range scope.
- Cast Aluminum Body
- Tritium-Phosphor Lamp
- Sapphire Window
- Silicone Rubber Cushion
- Protective Aluminum Cylinders
- White Rings
- Suppressor Sights
5. Ameriglo Pro-IDOT For Glock 17/19 Orange
- AmeriGlo, Pro i-Dot, 2 Dot Complete Set, Tritium Night...
- Green tritium front" .140" wide with orange front outline
- Green tritium rear
- 180" with square notch
- Quick vertical sight alignment
This AmeriGlo model is a perfect synchronized machine designed to provide perfect sighting during day and night. The rear and front sites use a green dot, so once you have an unbroken green line along the aligned sights, you just need to pull the trigger.
This model comes with a 1/6” rear notch that extends to the end of the slide and comes with an under-cut face that eliminates glare.
The orange circle around the green dot enables an easier adjustment and provides a great outline for perfecting more accuracy. This is also designed for visually impaired, enabling them to see the Tritium lighted scope, as a directional aid for perfecting a target accurate shot.
- Orange Outline
- 140" Wide Front
- 180" Notch
- Green Tritium I-Dot Extended Step Rear
Night scopes for handguns should be Tritium based and not the battery. Tritium is a gas made of a radioactive hydrogen isotope that emits radio luminescence, but don’t be alarmed, the quantities are microscopic, contained in sealed conditions, as such, are not carcinogenic in any way.
These luminescent dots, (Tritium) shine out during the day as well as the night, they are radioactive, so they constantly shine.
Front Sight and Rear Sight Option
If you want a Front sight, take one with a single large glowing dot, this is good for close quarters combat (CQB). Rear sights with dominant dots are a good choice for medium to long range aiming.
The 3-dot sights are the most popular; this is where one light dot on the front sight and 2 dots on the rear sight align quickly providing you with an instinctive shot.
Front Sight Circle Type
The dots come with circles too, very colorful and cheerful, just right for a kill shot. These circle encircled dots come in a plethora of sizes and colors including white, green and orange. Large circles make for easy target acquisition or for close range shooting.
Tritium Lamp Color
Tritium lamp colors also come in various choices, this is actually a personal preference, and you can choose between a number of color swatches.
There are also standard optical LED scopes, these come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, and are excellent for ranging long shots.
The Bottom Line:
Tritium sights outperform on handguns for four main reasons:
- They don’t use or waste batteries, tritium gas is long lasting, up to 20 years, and does not fade during this time.
- They remain light during all hours, since tritium is a radioactive gas, it glows all the time, making it easy to see. In fact, since they glow in the day light too, it makes for a perfect solution in bright lights where it is hard to focus.
- Sighting is easy with a three dot or alignment system; a glowing sight will always outperform a line-ep and check reticle lenses for close shots. They also don’t need much adjustment, once you set the sight for medium range, you are set to go, this is after all a hand gun, not an AR-15.
- They are much cheaper than electronic optics, because they negate the need for electro-optical components that are at least 1 times as expensive to manufacture.
Featured Image: ammoman.com