The Smith & Wesson M&P 15 is an AR-15 style .22 rifle. This is a very popular model and is used for plinking and small game hunting. As such, the scopes of this rifle must provide a maximum vision for long distant small objects.
In this review, I present you with five of the best scopes for the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 model.
Each scope is different, providing different features and functions, so they are all the best in their specific category. You will find that they are also all brand names their prices are relevant and budget-friendly.
Top-Rated Scope for M&P Sport 2 List:
I do not believe in buying a compromised scope, so all these scopes are tested for actual performance in the field. I perform plinking, as well as tactical range shooting, and occasionally drop the rifle by mistake on purpose, hit the occasional wall, dive through a murky lake, and watch what happens when I take aim.
The bottom line is a perfect performance for amazing scopes that you must buy when you decide to go shooting with your M&P Sport.
Best Scope for M&P Sport 2 Reviews:
1. EOTech XPS2 Holographic Weapon Sight
- EOTECH XPS2-0GRN - Holographic Weapon Sight in black with...
- Green Reticle - 6x easier to see than red during daytime...
- Adjustable Brightness - The XPS2 has 20 brightness settings...
- Compact Design - Leaves more rail space for rear iron sights...
- EOTECH HWS Prestige Warranty - Comes with 10 year limited...
The EOTech XPS2 is the shortest, smallest, and lightest holographic weapon sight model. This is not a night vision scope, and it does not magnify the target. This scope uses a single 123 battery, and it projects a reticle over the target.
The XPS2 is identical in design to the XPS3, but again, does not have night vision, as such, this is a perfect daytime solution and will provide you with effortless plinking, and non-magnified hunting capabilities.
- Length/Width/Height: 8” x 2.1” x 2.5” (97 x 54 x 64 mm)
- Weight: 0 oz (255 g)
- Water Resistant: Submersible to 10 ft. (3 m)
- Mount: 1” Weaver or MIL-STD-1913 rail
- Power Source: One 123 lithium battery
- Battery Life: 600 continuous hours at nominal setting 12 at room temp.
2. Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight with Cantilever Mount (SF-RG-501)
- The Strikefire II Red/Green Dot is a rugged, reliable red...
- Fully multi-coated lenses provide a clean and bright,...
- The single-piece chasis is compact and lightweight but still...
- An offset cantilever mount is provided; allowing you to move...
- With aesthetics and functionality in mind, the power...
The Vortex StrikeFire II is one of the more comprehensive scopes for the M&P sports 15 rifles.
This model features a 30mm aluminum alloy chassis that delivers high recoil buffering and is 100% waterproof and hg resistant.
The StrikeFire II has a lower 1/3 co-witness cantilever mount which is ideal for AR-15 models. This mount centers the bore 40mm above the base surface providing excellent anticipation accuracy.
The lenses come with multiple anti-reflective coatings that increase light and clarity of sight and comes with 10 brightens setting levels. You get the choice of dot color in the parallax free scope, and this is due to the performance levels that parallax would not deliver in such a mount type choice.
The chassis is a single piece of compact aluminum alloy, and the o-rings provide absolute water protection as well as protection from dust and debris. The nitrogen purged interior provides a fogproof environment.
Due to the engineered base, this is a shockproof unit, and it withstands both recoils as well as heavy-duty performance in adverse conditions.
The shell of this scope is finished in a durable low-glare matte anodized coating, and it works in a temperature range between -22 degrees to +140 degrees Fahrenheit.
You get non-critical eye relief when used for rapid target acquisition, and the dot intensity is adjustable. This gives you 10-day illumination levels and two-night levels.
Adjustable Dot Intensity Provides ten variable illumination settings—the lowest two settings are night-vision compatible.
At maximum brightness, battery life is 300 hours, and for power conservation, it will reach 6,000 hours when set to the minimum brightness setting.
- Magnification 1 x
- Objective Lens Diameter 30 mm
- Eye Relief Unlimited
- Adjustment Graduation 1/2 MOA
- Travel per Rotation 25 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment 100 MOA
- Max Windage Adjustment 100 MOA
- Parallax Setting Parallax Free
- Length 6 inches
- Weight 2 ounces
3. Vortex Optics Sparc 2 Red Dot MOA (SPC-402) Scope, Black
- The highly compact, daylight bright Sparc II is packed with...
- A modular three piece base offers four seperate mounting...
- Fully multi-coated lenses offer a clear field of view and...
- Machined from aircraft-grade aluminum, the one piece body is...
- Rear facing power controls with only two buttons offer...
The Vortex SPARC® II is the Vortex compact and lightweight scope for AR-15 rifles. This model comes with digital rear-facing controls that give control over the on/off button, and for adjusting the 2 MOA daylight bright red dot brightness.
The MOA brightens in 10 intensity levels, and it automatically returns to the last dot intensity used when the system is turned on.
This model comes with all the features of a great Vortex scope, the lenses are multi-coated, and the body is nitrogen purged. The o-rings provide full waterproof capabilities, and this is dustproof and fog proof scope.
There are 10 brightness levels in this parallax-free sighting system, and two for night vision. The single piece aluminum alloy chassis provides perfect shock resistance and stable eye viewing for maximum eye relief while scoping.
The body is coated with an anodized finish, and this scope works in temperatures ranging between -4 degrees to +158 degrees Fahrenheit.
The high and low mount are adjustable; you get the lower 1/3 co-witness 40mm, the absolute co-witness 37 mm, and then two more setting at 21 mm, and 18 mm.
At maximum brightness, battery life is 300 hours, and for power conservation, it will reach 5,000 hours when set to the minimum brightness setting.
- Magnification 1 x
- Objective Lens Diameter 22 mm
- Eye Relief Unlimited
- Adjustment Graduation 1 MOA
- Travel per Rotation 45 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment 90 MOA
- Max Windage Adjustment 90 MOA
- Parallax Setting Parallax Free
- Length 1 inches
- Weight 9 ounces
4. Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope, 1x25mm, Black
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
- Black with 3 MOA Dot reticle
- High-Rise mount
- Waterproof Construction - O-ring sealed optics stay dry...
- Shockproof construction - Built to withstand bumps, bangs,...
The Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 is a compact beginners scope that delivers a very crisp and reliable 3 MOA sight. This is a waterproof and shockproof scope that comes in a very rugged and sturdy body, as you would expect from Bushnell.
The body shell is nitrogen purged this means you get fogproof results, and the o-rings seal this for 100% waterproofing.
The red dot comes with 11 intensity settings, starting from 0 (which is off), and going up to 11m which is the brightest setting.
The overall size and weight make this a perfect AR-15 .22 rifle scope, and it is exceptionally versatile and adaptable to all conditions.
This model will not need calibration after heavy recoil or the usual nocks and damages from extreme conditions.
The price is affordable, and the dot can be turned off to preserve battery life. The battery lasts up to a year, but only if you buy a good quality battery, don’t cheap out on the power source.
- Configuration: 1X25MM
- Reticle: 3 MOA DOT
- Lens Coating: MULTI-COATED
- Reticle Color: RED
- Brightness settings: 11
- Parallax: 50
- FOV UNLIMITED (FT@1000YDS/M@1000M)
- Weight: 113G / 4.0OZ
- Length: 0MM / 2.480IN
- Eye relief: UNLIMITED
- Exit pupil: 0MM / 0.984IN
- Click Value: 1 MOA
- Adjustment Range: 70+ MOA
- MOA per rev: 40
- Mount: WEAVER
5. Burris FastFire II Reflex Red Dot w/Picatinny Mount
- Simplify target acquisition – the fast Fire 2 provides a...
- Mount with brightness sensor – let the fast Fire 2 Adjust...
- Lightweight fast Fire Red dot sights – with compact...
- 4-Moa sight – expect accuracy from 4-MOA, parallax-free 1x...
- Universal fast Fire 2 – mount this sight to almost...
The Burris FastFire II is a compact and affordable, rugged AR-15 scope that meets all the requirements and targets of an exceptional field-tested tactical scope.
This model comes with a Picatinny Protector Mount, so you get to add metal armor around the metal chassis which is a great option when considering a permanent solution.
This model comes with a Yankee Hill Machine 1/2" x 1" long Picatinny Riser which is the best system for a perfect co-witness with your back-up or fixed AR sights.
The weight of this model, together with the Picatinny mount is only 1.5 oz. Which is essentially one of the lightest around.
The device comes with its own auto-dimming solution, and this means it adjusts to the ambiance as and when you work.
So, if you are busy running in a jungle, or in a concrete jungle, the shadow and light phases will adjust the sighting.
The device will auto off when you cover the scope, or when it is placed in a pitch-black environment.
This is a parallax free scope and comes with a locking adjustment that sets your site for constant performance.
This is a 1x magnification, which means you can scope and sight with both eyes open, and since it has a Picatinny mount, it is mountable on just about every went you have including your AR-15 .22 rifle.
The High-grade optical glass gives you perfect brightness and clarity, and lasting durability which is index matched with their Hi-Lume® multicoating that delivers low-light performance with glare elimination.
This is a waterproof, shockproof design, and uses a CR2032 battery that provides power for over a year.
- Item Number: 300232
- Description: 4 MOA dot, includes picatinny mount
- Reticles: FastFire™ 4-MOA Dot
- Reticle Color(s): Red
- CO Lens Diameter: 21x15 mm
- Mount: Picatinny Mount
- Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Click Value: None
- EA, Total Capability: 115 MOA
- Windage Adjustment: 86 MOA
- Parallax/Focus: Parallax-free
- Length: 8 in.
- Weight: 5 oz.
- Illumination Control: Automatic brightness adjustment
- Illumination Settings: Automatic setting reactive to the environment
- Battery: CR2032
Featured Image: thegunzone.com