The DeltaPoint reflex sight can be used with nearly any firearm, from handguns to shotguns to AR-style rifles. Its applications range from plinking to hunting to competitive shooting, as well as home defense, law enforcement and military. DeltaPoint's compact size allows mounting of the sight in conjunction with a primary riflescope for use when adjusting fire from distant to short-range targets, or dealing with changing environments in a single tactical encounter.
DeltaPoint comes in a kit which includes numerous mounting options, saving the additional expense of purchasing separate mounts that may cost hundreds of dollars more. A special plate system aligns the mount with the gun, ensuring a good fit. Each kit has plates for 10 of the most popular handgun applications, with compatibility for up to 40 different handgun models. There is also a cross-slot mount for easy coupling with Picatinny Weaver-style rails and bases.
Key features that make DeltaPoint a truly unique high-performance shooting optic include an innovative aspheric lens, motion activation, auto-brightness sensor, locking elevation and windage adjustment system, and an ultralight rugged magnesium housing. Two reticle options are available: 7.5 MOA Delta and 3.5 MOA Dot.
"Leupold holds a number of patents, including one for the first-generation red dots used today by many manufacturers," commented Mike Slack, Leupold's marketing communications manager. "With DeltaPoint, we launch a next-generation optic that is extremely versatile, intuitive and rugged, while providing the ease and precise accuracy of a red dot sight. Most every shooter can benefit from DeltaPoint, which has already proven itself to world-class competitive shooters such as Doug Koenig, an 11-time Bianchi Cup winner."
DeltaPoint's key features offer the following benefits:
* Aspheric lens is set in a wide housing, increasing the usable field of view by up to 56 percent (depending on firearm) as compared to other reflex sights. With edge-blackened treatments, the lens produces an exceptionally bright, sharp and clear image across the visual field. Also treated with DiamondCoat™, the lens is highly resistant to abrasion and scratches.
* Proprietary motion sensor detects even the slightest movement and instantly activates the illumination, ensuring that DeltaPoint is ready when the time comes for quick action.
* Auto-brightness sensor continuously samples lighting conditions and adjusts to changes, providing optimal reticle intensity that allows the shooter to quickly place the reticle on the target.
* To deliver up to twice the battery life of other reflex sights, an auto-off feature shuts down the reticle after an inactive period. In addition, DeltaPoint comes with a cover that can be placed over the sight to turn it off.
* Exclusive to DeltaPoint, two screws lock in windage and elevation adjustments, preventing the reticle from wandering under heavy recoil or extended shooting periods. A generous 120-MOA of adjustment range for both windage and elevation makes zero easy to change and maintain, allowing the shooter to dial in the target with precise accuracy. Adjustment markings are ¼-inch MOA. Adjustment tool included.
* Lens housing is made from lightweight magnesium tested to withstand up to 3,500 Gs of impact. DeltaPoint is waterproof and shock proof, and covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee. (Electronics covered by the Leupold Golden Ring® Electronics Warranty.)
* The Delta reticle option encompasses a 7.5 MOA space, making it ideal for identifying and zeroing in on close-range targets. It is bold and easy to find for fast target acquisition. The triangle shape also balances speed with a precise aiming point at the top for longer distances. Alternatively, the 3.5 MOA Dot reticle option offers a reliable aiming point familiar to many shooters.
Other DeltaPoint features include a low-profile design that keeps the sight on target, yet unobtrusive to the shooter. Precision locating pins allow easy removal and installation of the mounting brackets while maintaining point of impact. As a result, batteries can easily be changed as needed without re-sighting.
Matte black in color to eliminate telltale light reflection off the sight, DeltaPoint weighs less than an ounce, and measures 1.62 inches long, 1.7 inches high and 1.02 inches wide. The kit also includes a CR2032 battery and protective cover.
For more information, visit a local dealer, call 1-800-Leupold or go to www.leupold.com.