The company has about 100 employees but is sold around the world and attends many prominent firearms and hunting trade shows, such as the annual SHOT Show. Founded by hunters and shooters who know what hunters and shooters need from their long range rifle scopes, Vortex manufactures several varieties of rifle scopes for many types of rifles and shooting purposes. In this article, we will provide you with an in-depth review of one of best ar 15 scope for the money.
Features of Vortex Crossfire II
- A versatile 3:1 zoom ratio erector system that is ideal for...
- 1/4 MOA precision finger click adjustments for windage and...
- Absolute waterproof and fog proof integrity – each is...
- The Multicoat 4 lens system delivers extreme clarity from...
- Made with Leupold's Proprietary nitrogen sealing process,...
The best Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24mm Riflescope is designed for use on military-style rifles, such as the AR-15. In this price range the Vortex Crossfire II might be the best scope for AR15 and similar semiautomatic and bolt-action hunting and sporting rifles. The Crossfire II scope is a low magnification zoom riflescope that has a 24mm objective lens and a 1x to 4x adjustable eyepiece with four inches of eye relief.
The objective lens is specially coated for provide a clear and bright sight picture while the long eye relief and maximum 4x magnification enable fast target acquisition, making it possible the best rifle scope for military-style rifles used for a variety of purposes. The capped turrets provide up to 100 MOA adjustments with each click counting as a half MOA. A full turn is equal to an adjustment of 30 MOA, and the rifle scope as a fixed parallax setting at 100 yards.
At only 14.8 ounces in weight, the scope won’t add much weight to a rifle and functions very well. It has a 30mm tube about 10 inches long and provides a field of view equal to about 96 feet at the 1x setting and about 24 feet at the 4x magnification setting.
The wide field of view enables fast target acquisition for better competition scores, and the V-Brite reticle puts the round on target with a high degree of accuracy. The lighted reticle works well under all light conditions and has standard crosshairs with a red dot sight in the middle.
• Fully Multi-Coated: Increases light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
• Second Focal Plane Reticle: Scale of reticle maintains the same ideally-sized appearance. Listed reticle subtensions used for estimating range, holdover and wind drift correction are accurate at the highest magnification.
• Tube Size: 30 mm diameter.
• Single-Piece Tube: Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproof.
• Aircraft-Grade Aluminum: Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
• Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the riflescope for reliable performance in all environments.
• Fog proof: Nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
• Shockproof: Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
• Hard Anodized Finish: Highly durable low-glare matte finish helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
• Capped Reset Turrets: Allow re-indexing of the turret to zero after sighting in the riflescope. Caps provide external protection for turret.
• Fast Focus Eyepiece: Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
General Impressions of Vortex Crossfire II Rifle Scope
Retailing for less than $200, the Crossfire II rifle scope from Vortex earns high praise from rifle scope reviews and performs exceptionally well. There isn’t much to criticize about it. It’s a great rifle scope at an affordable price point and works exceptionally well on military-style rifles.
Fast target acquisition and a highly visible reticle with red dot sight makes the scope ideal for competitive shooting, self defense and hunting. With only a 24mm objective lens and a maximum 4x magnification, minor halo effect occurs near the outer edges of the sight picture but does not interfere with shooting effectiveness.
The parallax setting is permanently affixed at 100 yards, so shooting targets at further distances could be affected by parallax distortion, although with the limited magnification of the Crossfire II, most targets will be within 100 yards.
The Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24mm Rifle Scope is clearly an excellent scope and can be considered one of the best ar 15 scope for the money.